Ancient Egyptian Bread Recipe
This bread is round, 15-20 cms in diameter and 1-2 cms thick, and is backed with whole wheat.
There are two types of ‘Eesh baladi’ – Egyptial Local Bread:
machine-made and hand-made.
Hand-made bread is enriched with a thin layer of bran sprinkled on the lower layer.
A Recipe for Egyptian Bread
Make the dough and bake the bread in one to two hours.
Ingredient for Ancient Egyptian Bread Recipe
1) 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour.
2) 7 oz. water.
3) 1/2 tsp. salt.
4) 1/4 oz. Dry Yeast.
Bake Like an Egyptian
1) Put flour and salt in an oversized bowl.
2) Mix Dry Yeast with the water.
3) Slowly add water.
4) Take turns kneading the dough.
5) Spread flour on a clean, flat surface.
6) Roll dough into small balls.
7) Form balls into flat round shapes or triangles.
8) Cover with a cloth for one to two hours only.
In one to two hours:
Bake bread on a greased sheet for 30 minutes at 350 Degree heat.
That’s the traditional ancient Egyptian Bread Recipe.