Egyptian Flat Bread Recipe
Egyptian Flat Bread Recipe is easy to prepare and well worth the effort.
Ingredients for Egyptian Flat Bread Recipe:
1 3/4 cups Kamut flour ( or you can use whole wheat flour )
1 cup of warm water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or non-iodized salt)
1 Tablespoon active dry yeast.
Directions method of Egyptian Flat Bread Recipe
1. put flour and salt in an oversized bowl and mix together
2. in another container mix yeast and water together
3. slowly add water to the flour and stir until it forms a ball
4. turn out onto a well floured surface and knead dough until the dough isn’t sticky and it is smooth ( add more flour if necessary )
5. break off pieces of dough and roll into small balls
6. shape balls into flat round shapes or triangles
7. cover with a cloth for one to two hours only
8. when your dough is ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit ( I used my baking stone so I preheated it as well, you can use a cookie sheet lined with parchment as well )
Lay your dough on the hot stone and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or until the inside is firm to the touch)
Take your bread out of the oven and let sit for a few minutes before slicing and eating them.
That’s the traditional Egyptian Flat Bread Recipe Hope you like it.