Egyptian Kofta Recipe
Egyptian Kofta Recipe is easy to prepare and well worth the effort.
Kofta also spelled kafta, kufta and kefta is a famous middle easter dish. The mixture is great on skewers over charcoal, as patties, or as the Lebanese dish Kofta bil sanniyeh (baked in the oven with potatoes and tomatoes).
Ingredients for Egyptian Kebab Recipe:
- 2 1/2 lbs finely ground lamb or beef
- 2 cups tighly packed washed and picked parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves or 1 TBS dry mint leaves
- 1 large onion, cut up for food processor
- 1 tsp Bhar Helou or 1/4 each ground cinammon, cloves, nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
Preparation of Egyptian Kebab Recipe:
- In a food processor, chop onion extremely fine. Add parsely and mint and until you have a fine – not liquified – homogeneous mixture.
- Put the meat in a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and spices to meat, combine and mix thoroughly with your hands.
That’s the traditional Egyptian Kofta Recipe Hope you like it.